Remotely Executed Auctions Continue With Fine Jewelry And Timepieces Auction In May
CHICAGO, IL.- The May 13 Fine Timepieces auction and May 14 Fine and Important Jewelry auction will feature selections from top names in watches and notable examples of signed jewelry, antique, art deco and contemporary pieces. Hindman’s latest sales have soared above pre-auction estimates, including Hindman’s March 31st online Essential Jewelry sale, and the Spring Fashion and Accessories auction. Recent online and remotely executed sales have surpassed 90% sold and Hindman expects to continue to see top results in May.
The Fine and Important Jewelry sale includes a selection of pieces from highly desired, iconic jewelry houses such as by Van Cleef & Arpels, Buccellati and Tiffany & Co. As names that are synonymous with excellence, these brands continue to drive results and have sold well over pre-sale estimates. The collections range in scope from whimsical designs such as a Tiffany & Co. bee brooch to classic pieces from Cartier, like the ‘LOVE’ bracelets.
Highlights of this session include:
• Lot 137: Van Cleef & Arpels Amethyst and Pink Sapphire ‘Hawaii’ Convertible Set $15,000-20,000
• Lot 139A and 139: Van Cleef & Arpels Feuilles Sapphire and Diamond Brooch $4,000-6,000 and Bracelet $8,000-10,000
• Lot 130: Buccellati Yellow Gold and Cultured Pearl Leaf Motif Necklace, property from a Texas Collection $4,000-6,000
A robust session of Tiffany & Co. jewelry, which remains a highly sought after and a desired auction mainstay, is highlighted by an Art Nouveau Topaz, Emerald and Polychrome Enamel Necklace, with a presale estimate of $10,000-20,000. Offered from the Estate of Linda Zoe Jenkins of Roseville, Minnesota, this Louis Comfort Tiffany necklace is an extraordinary example of ‘Tiffany Art Jewelry’, combining semi-precious golden topaz gemstones with precious emeralds. A necklace of this quality, condition and design exemplifies Tiffany’s unique interpretation of the turn of the century design movement and sensibility, making it a collector’s piece not often seen at auction.
Additional session highlights include:
• Lot 54: A 4.18 carat Rectangular Mixed Cut Diamond Ring from a Distinguished Texas Collection. $55,000-65,000
Lot 159: A 10.17 carat Oval Diamond Ring. $70,000-90,000
• Lot 184: A 4.86 carat Pear Brilliant Cut Diamond, from the Collection of Rose Miller, Orchard Lake, Michigan. $90,000-110,000
The May 13 Fine Timepieces auction offers an array of classic watches by Cartier, Rolex and Patek Philippe and presents an opportunity for every level of collector. Two Patek Philippe ‘Nautilus’ Wristwatches are the top lots of the sale, along with a few other highlights:
• Lot: 68: 18k Rose Gold and Diamond Patek Philippe ‘Nautilus’ Wristwatch. $60,000-70,000 (Lot 68)
• Lot 67: Stainless Steel Patek Philippe ‘Nautilus’ Wristwatch. $40,000-60,000
• Lot 62: Franck Muller 18k White Gold and Diamond ‘Double Mystery’ Wristwatch. $10,000-20,000
• Lot 66: Rolex Platinum ‘Cosmograph Daytona’ Wristwatch. $30,000-40,000
• Lot 65: Rolex 18k White Gold ‘Datejust Rolex Black Zebra’ Wristwatch. $20,000-30,000
Kimberly Burt, Vice President of Marketing and Luxury Goods, stated: “We have been delighted by our March and April sales results across the board and are excited to offer these two strong sales in mid-May. Hindman has embraced our remote capabilities with virtual appointments and appraisal services, and we are confident we will continue to successfully conduct important sales like these remotely.”
The full catalog is available online now at hindmanauctions.com.
Still life by Nicolai Fechin (Russian, 1881-1955) could hit six figures in Andrew Jones' July 26th auction
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES, Calif. – Andrew Jones Auctions’ upcoming Design for the Home and Garden Auction...
The Museum Of Latin American Art (Molaa) Launches Online Auction Pro Covid-19 Recovery Fund
MOLAA’s first complete online auction with 167 artworks from Latin American and Latino artists. LONG BEACH,...