New Orleans Auction Galleries To Host Three-day Major Estates Auction
New Orleans, LA (September 22, 2011) – New Orleans Auction Galleries, Inc. is pleased to announce its three-day Major Estates Auction, taking place Friday, September 30 through Sunday, October 2, 2011. The sale features 1,971 exquisite lots, with a special Friday afternoon session which includes 389 Asian lots, such as ivory, jade, cloisonné and artwork. Bids may be submitted in person at the Gallery, online and over the phone; live video/audio bidding will be available through Live Auctioneers. Exhibition is currently running Monday through Saturday from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. and will conclude on Thursday, September 29 at 8:00 p.m. with a special late-evening reception.
Pieces from this sale came from locations across the country, including one of America’s premiere antique shops, David Marshall’s The Antique Room, in Brooklyn, New York; the collection of noted art dealer and connoisseur, the late Luba Glade; and the Estate of Fernando Jimenez-Torres are just a few of the contributors to the upcoming sale. Notable pieces include:
· Vintage couture from the Succession of Elizabeth Turnbull (New Orleans, LA); a Denver, CO collector and a New York fashion editor
· Important works of art by Diego Rivera, Ansell Adams, Albert Bierstadt, Bernard Buffett, Raoul Dufy, Kenneth Riley, Yves Brayer, Louise Nevelson, Constantin Brancusi, Benjamin Chambers Brown, Edmund William Gracen, and Carl Oscar Borg, among others
· A rare cabinet from the American Aesthetic Movement with inscription, likely a private commission from Pottier and Stymus or Herter Brothers (New York, NY)
· 311 gold pesos weighing over 4,700 grams of pure gold
· Impressive Musical Irish Regency gothic clock inspired by Horace Walpole’s Strawberry Hill
· Collections of Paris porcelain, porcelain clocks and Meissen figures
· Collection of Regency Tea Caddies and Tortoise Shell Boxes
· American furniture by John Henry Belter; J. and J.W. Meeks; Alexander Roux; Charles White and Cook & Parkin, to name a few
For more information about this Major Estates Auction or the Gallery or to view a complete catalog listing, please visit www.neworleansauction.com. For an evaluation and auction estimate of your piece, please call 504-566-1849 or email photos to [email protected]
Editor’s Note: Photos are available upon request.
New Orleans Auction Galleries, Inc.
801 Magazine Street
New Orleans, Louisiana
About New Orleans Auction Galleries, Inc.
Founded in 1991 by President Jean R. Vidos, New Orleans Auction Galleries, Inc. is the preeminent auction house of the South. The company has received worldwide recognition for the quality and variety of pieces sold. For more information on New Orleans Auction Galleries, Inc. please visit www.neworleansauction.com, call 504-566-1849 or visit the Gallery at 801 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA 70130.