Christie’s presents Trespassing, an online-only sale including cross-category selections by KAWS and Banksy
NEW YORK, NY.-Christie’s presents Trespassing (5-19 August), an online-only sale curated together with Ronnie K. Pirovino. Trespassing features a groundbreaking selection of over 90 lots and traces graffiti’s influence on contemporary art and embraces the energy, spontaneity and humor of artists inspired by the medium.
Trespassing highlights works across collecting categories by leading names such as KAWS, Banksy and Invader juxtaposed with works by Jonas Wood, Julie Curtiss and George Condo among others that share the same dynamic spirit.
Lindsay Griffith, Head of Department, Prints and Multiples, New York, commented: “We have really enjoyed the experience of working with Ronnie to put this exciting sale together, Trespassing is a convergence of emerging trends in our market and is designed to entice both brand new buyers and those who are familiar with our sales.”
Ronnie K. Pirovino, Proprietor, Pirovino Projex, stated: “Trespassing harnesses a strong global vibe. Because of the superb quality, working with Christie’s to present the opportunity to acquire these vital works is a momentous thrill.”
SELECTED SALE HIGHLIGHTS
• BANKSY, Jack and Jill (Police Kids), screenprint in colors, on wove paper Image: 17¾ x 25½ in. (45 x 65 cm.) Sheet: 19⅝ x 27½ in. (50 x 70 cm.). Estimate: $10,000-15,000
• KAWS (b. 1974), COMPANION (KARIMOKU VERSION), wood multiple, with the original packaging, box and hologram. Overall: 10 ½ x 5 x 2 ½ in. (27 x 13 x 6 cm.) Estimate: $30,000-50,000
• GEORGE CONDO, Droopy Dog Abstraction, screenprint in colors, on Coventry Rag paper. Image: 15 x 14 in. (38 x 36 cm.) Sheet: 18 x 16 in. (46 x 41 cm.) Estimate: $10,000-15,000
• Jonas Wood (b. 1977) Big Brown, oil on canvas, 20 x 16 in. (50.8 x 40.6 cm.) Estimate: $50,000-70,000
• INVADER (b. 1969), Alias SP_43, ceramic tiles on Perspex, 28 ⅛ x 14 in. (71.5 x 35.6 cm.) Estimate: $40,000-60,000
• TOMOO GOKITA (b. 1969), Dance Party, stenciled paper pulp painting with pochoir
Sheet: 22 ¾ x 18 ¼ in. (58 x 46 cm.) Estimate: $7,000-10,000
• KAWS (b. 1974), Ups and Downs, the complete set of ten screenprints in colors, on Saunders Waterford High White paper, with the original title page and black canvas portfolio box with black lettering. Each Sheet: 35 x 23 in. (89 x 58 cm.) Estimate: $60,000-80,000
• KAWS (b. 1974), Ad Disruption (Prima/Paris), acrylic on found advertising poster
68 ⅜ x 47 ¾ in. (173.5 x 120.1 cm.) Estimate: $100,000-150,000
- George Condo
- Jonas Wood
- Lindsay Griffith
- Ronnie K. Pirovino
- Fine Art
- Posters, Prints & Multiples
Joan Fox Wins Fusion Art’s Artist Spotlight Solo Art Exhibition for August 2020
Fusion Art is pleased to announce that Joan Fox has been awarded an Artist Spotlight Solo Art Exhibition on...
Belle Epoque icons Mucha and Toulouse-Lautrec prevail in Poster Auctions International's Rare Posters Auction, July 21st
Poster Auctions International’s (PAI) second sale of the year, July 21st, finished at $1.3 million in...