Thousands raised during first few days of Secret Postcard Art Auction for the Royal Marsden Cancer Charity St Richard’s Catholic College
* Over £8000 raised over the first weekend in start of Sophie’s Secret Postcard Art Auction
* Thousands bidding on the ‘secret’ postcards in the exciting eBay auction
* The original Sophie’s postcard auction was held in 2018 and raised £15,000 for The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity.
* This year there are over twice as many postcards (1096)
* 1031 will sell, just 65 postcards still have a starting bid of just £1
* Sir Quentin Blake, Axel Scheffler, Dame Jaqueline Wilson and Harry Hill are just some of the famous names who have donated artwork for the secret postcard auction currently live on eBay in memory of a budding artist who lost her life to cancer
* Other artists include Liz Pichon, Thomas Taylor, Jennifer Anderson, Susanne de Toit, Carne Griffith, Kate Brinkworth, Luke Martineau, Ian Murphy and many others have submitted work but as the auction is secret and bidders don’t know which artist’s work they’re bidding on, part of the fun is trying to recognise the signature style of the hand that drew Julia Donaldson’s The Gruffalo and Stick Man, Roald Dahl’s Matilda and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, or the first edition book cover of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
#sophiespostcard2020 is an amazing opportunity to raise money for The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity and bid on incredible artwork. To take part, just search on eBay for ‘sophiessecretpostcardauction’. The auction will end between midday and 10pm on Saturday 27th with over 100 postcards ending every hour.
Please follow @strichardsart on Twitter and sophiessecretpostcard on Instagram for regular news updates and use the hashtag #sophiespostcard2020 to help promote the event on social media.
Contact Miranda Pennington [email protected] 07751 011935
Thank you so much for your help and support of The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity and this very special fundraising event in memory of a dearly loved pupil, Sophie Maria Taylor (2004-2017).
- Axel Scheffler
- Carne Griffith
- Dame Jaqueline Wilson
- Harry Hill
- Harry Potter
- Ian Murphy
- Jennifer Anderson
- Julia Donaldson
- Kate Brinkworth
- Liz Pichon
- Luke Martineau
- Roald Dahl
- Sir Quentin Blake
- Susanne de Toit
- Thomas Taylor
- Books, Manuscripts & Archives
67 Million Years Old “Stan” the T. Rex Highlights Christie’s 20th Century Evening Sale
Part-time paleontologist and a plumber and electrician by occupation, Stan Sacrison’s deep interest in fossils began...
Special Exhibition: Vintage Posters from the Golden Gate International Exposition of 1939-1940 at Spencer Helfen Fine Arts
September 22, 2020 – Ongoing We are pleased to present several rare and important vintage advertising...