Kamelot Auctions Hosts Autumn Antiques and Decorative Arts Sale
On Saturday, September 25th, Kamelot Auction House, one of Philadelphia’s premier auction companies, will host their Autumn Antiques and Decorative Arts Auction. This design-driven sale highlights key decorative trends and features eclectic décor spanning several centuries. Doors open at 9am on Saturday September 25th and bidding begins at 10am. The public is invited to preview the items on September 22, 23, 24. All are welcome.
A best-kept-secret for designers from across the country, Kamelot’s Decorative Arts sale attracts both private collectors and professional buyers alike—all vying for that one-of-a-kind opportunity to furnish or refresh their homes with flair and originality. Items originating in such diverse places as Philadelphia, Paris, Italy, Russia and New York will be offered, including an Arredoluce mid-century modern Italian brass multi-arm chandelier circa 1970, a Satsuma Koro censer by Kinkozan circa 1880, an important mid-century tapestry in the surrealist taste by Man Ray (born Emmanuel Rudnitsky, Philadelphia 1890-Paris 1976), and six Hendrick Goltzius (Dutch, 1558-1617) antique engravings from the eighteenth century or earlier.
“Kamelot Auctions has the items people want,” said Burton Lange of JBL Antiques in Miami, Florida. It’s a unique and reliable source for professional buyers like me as well as for the homeowner who might be buying direct,” he continued.
Kamelot Auctions’ dramatic 15,000 square foot loft-like site provides the perfect setting to showcase an enormous baroque-style oil painting on canvas measuring 6 feet high by 16 feet wide. The mural is said to have been removed from an interior wall of the Villard House at 51st Str. and Madison Avenue in Manhattan which was renowned for its extravagant décor including several commissioned works from the painter John LaFarge. Kamelot’s spacious gallery will also display hundreds of decorative and timeless elements for every room of the house, including classical and modern lighting, , French and English antique furniture, many stylish mid century modern pieces, stunning mirrors, etageres and furniture suites. This 675-lot auction also will include:
- Pair of Art Deco style two-tiered wall sconces with faceted glass circa 1960
- Art Deco French style nickel over bronze table with ornate legs circa 1920
- Antique Shizan signed satsuma bowl circa 1906
- Set of four Belle Epoque Louis XVI style arm chairs with bronze mounted backs, open arms and shaped upholstered seats circa 1900
- French Louis XVI style ebonized desk having circa 1940
- French upholstered wing chairs attributed to Maison Jansen circa 1930
- Jansen ebonized end tables with inset marble tops circa 1940
- Antique French Napoleonic style bronze mounted bed having an arched headboard, acorn finials and elegant footboard circa 1880