Elite Single Collection Offered in Heritage Auctions’ Fine & Rare Wine Auction
Sale features more than 1,000 lots from The Lakada Cellar
DALLAS, Texas (March 2, 2020) – An offering of more than 1,000 lots, all from a single private collection, could bring more than $3,000,000 in Heritage Auctions’ Fine & Rare Wine Auction March 6 in Beverly Hills, California.
The collection of 1,060 lots come from The Lakada Cellar – an incredibly well curated collection of only the most coveted labels in the world. In an era when wine auctions sometimes offer a disproportionately large amount of Bordeaux, this sale is a bit of an outlier, with just 48 lots, totaling 133 bottles, of the popular red.
“Having 48 lots of Bordeaux in a sale of this size is a little surreal in today’s marketplace,” Heritage Auctions Fine & Rare Wine Director Frank Martell said. “But don’t misread the quantity of Bordeaux lots as a statement about the quality, because there are some extraordinary vintages in this sale, for consumers and collectors alike.”
The auction also includes 116 bottles of Harlan, 192 bottles of Soldera, 250 bottles of Schrader, 326 bottles of Bruno Giacosa, 359 bottles of DRC, 604 bottles of Gaja and a whopping 666 bottles of Biondi Santi. The selection of Fourrier is not large, but cases of 1990 and 1993 Clos St. Jacques are outstanding finds for the lucky bidders who end up with them.
Provenance is very much the name of the game. Stored in a purpose-built home cellar and also in professional storage, virtually every wine in the collection was purchased on or very near to its release, and then stored in perfect conditions. Many of the imported bottles were purchased in their countries of origin, producer-direct, and added directly to the collection.
“Top to bottom,” Martell said, “this sale is packed with the most highly rated and prized producers in the world.”
Some of the top lots in the sale include, but are not limited to:
1. Romanee Conti 2011 Domaine de la Romanee Conti Bottle (6)
2. Romanee Conti 2009 Domaine de la Romanee Conti Bottle (5)
3. Romanee Conti 2010 Domaine de la Romanee Conti Bottle (5)
4. La Tache 2005 Domaine de la Romanee Conti Bottle (12)
5. Romanee Conti 2005 Domaine de la Romanee Conti Bottle (3)
6. Screaming Eagle Cabernet Sauvignon 2008 Bottle (12)
7. Sassicaia 1985 Tenuta San Guido Bottle (12)
8. Montrachet 2009 Domaine de la Romanee Conti Bottle (4)
9. La Tache 2010 Domaine de la Romanee Conti Bottle (5)
10. Chambertin 2011 A. Rousseau Bottle (9)
11. Barolo 2004 Monfortino Riserva, G. Conterno Bottle (12)
12. Harlan Estate Cabernet Sauvignon 2015 Bottle (12)
13. Musigny 2010 Vieilles Vignes, Comte de Vogue Bottle (12)
14. Chambertin 2015 Clos de Beze, Les Ouvrees Rodin, Faiveley Bottle (12)
15. Montrachet 2010 Bouchard Pere et Fils Bottle (12)
16. Brunello di Montalcino 2004 Case Basse Riserva, Soldera Bottle (12)
17. Brunello di Montalcino 2006 Case Basse Riserva, Soldera Bottle (12)
18. Richebourg 2015 Anne Gros Bottle (9)
19. Alzero 2001 G. Quintarelli Bottle (12)
20. Richebourg 2009 Meo-Camuzet Bottle (3)
21. Barolo 2007 Le Rocche del Falletto Riserva, B. Giacosa Magnum (6)
22. Brunello di Montalcino 1969 Il Greppo Riserva, Biondi Santi Bottle (12)
The sale also will be simulcast live in Hong Kong. For more information, visit HA.com/5503.
Subject matter specialists and digital assets available:
Steve Lansdale, Public Relations Specialist
214-409-1699; [email protected]