1100 Postcards for Sophie
St Richard’s Catholic College Secret Postcard Art Auction
* Features over 1100 original postcard-sized artworks created and donated by incredible artists
* All artworks have a reserve bid of just £1
* Famous authors and Illustrators and outstanding contemporary artists & printmakers have donated incredible work include; Sir Quentin Blake, Axel Scheffler, Liz Pichon, Thomas Taylor, Jennifer Anderson, Susanne de Toit, Carne Griffith, Kate Brinkworth, Luke Martineau, Ian Murphy and the tv celebrity Harry Hill. Can you find the ‘secret’ artist work? See the ‘secret’ blog for further artists https://www.sophiespostcard.com/artists2020
* The first postcards go on eBay at midday on Wednesday 17th June. All will end between midday and 10pm on Saturday 27th
All proceeds will go to The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity in memory of Sophie Maria Taylor who died in 2017 when she was Year 8 at the school. Sophie would have been leaving the school this summer as a beautiful, talented and successful young lady and #sophiespostcard2020 is a way to mark her memory and her love of the Arts.
In 2018 when Sophie’s Secret Postcard Auction ran there were 570 postcards and over £15,000 was raised for The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity.
Art teacher, Miranda Pennington, has been preparing for #sophiespostcard2020 for the last year and said “the response to #sophiespostcard2020 has been incredible with artists from around the globe sending wonderful artwork. We have work from Australia to the Ukraine, USA to the Netherlands and everywhere in between. So many wonderful artists have donated work for this very special fundraiser in Sophie’s memory.”
Over 1100 original postcard-sized artworks have been received for the auction including many artworks by internationally renowned artists and illustrators. Much of the artwork has been created during the lockdown and celebrates the wonderful work being done by the NHS and has inspired many people to be creative during these unprecedented times.
All the postcards can be seen in the online exhibition at www.sophiespostcard.com The secret art auction is held on eBay just look for ‘sophiessecretpostcard’. Please follow @strichardsart on Twitter and sophiessecretpostcard on Instagram for regular news updates and use the hashtag #sophiespostcard2020 to help promote the event on social media.
Contact Miranda Pennington [email protected] 07751 011935
Thank you so much for your help and support of The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity and this very special fundraising event in memory of a dearly loved pupil, Sophie Maria Taylor (2004-2017).
- Axel Scheffler
- Carne Griffith
- Harry Hill
- Ian Murphy
- Jennifer Anderson
- Kate Brinkworth
- Liz Pichon
- Luke Martineau
- Miranda Pennington
- Sir Quentin Blake
- Sophie Maria Taylor
- Susanne de Toit
- The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity
- Thomas Taylor
- Books, Manuscripts & Archives
The Bold and Vibrant Art of the Scottish Colourists
The Scottish Colourists were four individual avant-garde Scottish painters working during the turn of the 20th...
Masters on the Market: John Alvin
After years of poring over film advertisements in his spare time, John Alvin finally got his...