RELEASE| ELLE DECOR ANNOUNCES SECOND ANNUAL NOT FOR SALE AUCTION
NEW YORK (December 2, 2019) – ELLE DECOR magazine announces today its second annual Not For Sale auction which will be held in partnership with Christie’s auction house and powered by Charitybuzz. The Not For Sale auction is derived from the pages of ELLE DECOR where throughout this year, the magazine has tasked artisans to create one-of-a-kind creations for the last page in the magazine which had no price tag. Beginning today, December 2 at 12:00PM ET through December 13, each of these unique pieces is now available at auction. Proceeds from each item will be donated to a charity of the artisan’s choice. View the auction here: www.charitybuzz.com/elledecor
Objects included in the Not For Sale auction will be on public exhibition from December 10 through 13 at Christie’s Rockefeller Center galleries alongside Christie’s Luxury Week and Design sales.
“Throughout 2019, we have celebrated ELLE DECOR ’s 30th Anniversary in the U.S. and I can’t think of any better way to conclude our anniversary year with the Not For Sale auction,” said editor in chief Whitney Robinson. “The items we ask designers to create for the magazine each month in the Not For Sale page are unmatched which makes this auction truly special and represents the best of ELLE DECOR.”
Items available within the online-only auction will include:
1) A decorative single tier intricate cake creation inspired by classic Chinese cheongsam by Bonnae Gokson
2) A handmade rug woven out of silk by artisans in India inspired by the geometric beauty of Moroccan tile work mosaics by Madeline Weinrib
3) A unique wave cuff statement piece made using a time- honored casting technique, cire perdue, and polished by hand by Madina Visconti
4) A bespoke steel-framed chandelier hand dipped in plaster to achieve its Miss Havisham look by Julie Neill
5) An iridescent meditation mat woven from brass jewelry wire with ancient Japanese tatami weaving techniques by Dougall Paulson
6) An ethereal statement shoes made from handmade Nimbus paper in collaboration with famed shoe artist Lloraine Neithhardt by Lori Weitzner
7) A one-of-a-kind eternal floral headdress handmade from luxurious and soft silk by Ken Fulk
8) A convex mirror at center of table surrounded by hypnotic decoration, creating a dynamic optical illusion by Barnaba Fornasetti
Ben Whine, Development Director, Museum Services, Christie’s, “Christie’s is delighted to partner with ELLE DECOR for their second annual charitable Not For Sale auction. This marks the first collaboration of this kind, combining a public exhibition with an online auction powered by Charitybuzz, Christie’s ongoing partner for philanthropic auctions. Through our collaboration with Charitybuzz, we are now able to make the most of charitable auctions for our partners, by extending the experience beyond the saleroom and into the digital realm. Christie’s has an ongoing commitment to charitable auctions and this type of collaboration answers a need among cultural institutions and non-profit organizations to create complementary avenues for charitable giving that can be easily coordinated with the traditional auction process.”
“ELLE DECOR’s uniquely crafted Not For Sale pieces represent incredible creativity, artistry and diversity, and we are honored to host the bidding,” said Ben Erwin, Charitybuzz President. “The ELLE DECOR Not For Sale auction in partnership with Christie’s is a great fit for our marketplace, and epitomizes the core of what Charitybuzz is about: getting money-can’t-buy items and experiences in front of our generous bidder community to raise new funds for cause. We’re excited to collaborate on this campaign as a result of our longstanding relationship with Christie’s.”
- Barnaba Fornasetti
- Bonnae Gokson
- Dougall Paulson
- ELLE DECOR
- Julie Neill
- Ken Fulk
- Lori Weitzner
- Madeline Weinrib
- Madina Visconti
- Miss Havisham
Cowan's First Dedicated Various Owner African Americana Sale Sees Incredible Engagement From Institutional Buyers and Exceeds Estimate
CINCINNATI – The February 18th African Americana auction at Cowan’s, a Hindman company, realized over $250,000 with institutional and...
Lot 198: Frederick Douglass, carte de visite with his signature on verso, albumen photograph by Samuel M....
Josiah Wedgwood, the English potter, was an original member of the Lunar Society, a group of...