Calling all future collectors!
NEW YORK, NY -- Doyle is pleased to host its first ever Young Arts Scholars Essay Competition. We want to hear why you are passionate about art, collecting or history! Anyone between the ages of 8 and 12 can enter by submitting an essay (500 words or less) describing why they love learning about art or other collectible objects.
Some suggested topics include:
- Describe your favorite work of art or object. Why do you love it?
- What do you collect? Explain how you began collecting and how you like to display your prized possessions.
- Tell us about a great day you had at your favorite museum.
- What’s your favorite time period in history and what makes the artifacts from that time special?
How to enter:
1. Download the entry form Click Here
2. Fill out your information and get permission from your parent or guardian to enter
3. Type your story on Page 2 of the document
4. Email it back to us at [email protected] by 5pm EDT on Monday, August 19, 2019
- Essays must be typed and submitted by email to [email protected] along with your completed entry form
- Submissions must be received by 5pm EDT on Monday, August 19, 2019
- Maximum essay length is 500 words
- Contest is open to all children ages 8-12
- Entries must be the original work of the child entering the contest
- 5 winners will be chosen, one from each eligible age, 8 years through 12 years
Winning entries will be published on Doyle.com and will appear in our weekly digital magazine, DOYLE Notebook, on Friday, August 30, 2019.
Best of luck to all of the young arts scholars!
NANTUCKET, MA. NOV. 16, 2020 – On a paradise island that’s among the most expensive zip...
One’s handwriting is unique unto oneself. For some, the style can remain consistent throughout the years....
Virtual Americana Trivia Game Created by Chris Barber, Deputy Director of American Furniture & Decorative Arts...