Shanti Dave (India, Born 1931) Original abstract oil painting. Signed and dated ’63 upper right. Shanti trained in art at the M.S. University, Baroda where he studied under eminent artist-teacher N.S. Bendre and co-founded the Baroda Group in 1957 with fellow artists. Early in his career, he made several commissioned murals, including for Air India’s offices in London, New York, and Delhi. He has been honoured with several awards including Lalit Kala Akademi Ratna, 2004 and Padma Shri, 1985, Tokyo Biennale Award, 1965; Calcutta Academy of Art Award and Bombay Art Exhibition Awards, 1959 and thrice the National Art Academy Award in 1956, 1957 & 1958. Shanti’s work has been exhibited widely in shows held in different parts of the country and overseas including the International Graphics Exhibition, Switzerland in 1960; Paris Biennale, Paris in 1961; Commonwealth Exhibition, London in 1962; Frankfurt Kunstkabinett, Germany in 1963; Third Triennale India Gold Medal in 1975; Sao Paulo Biennale, Brazil in 1980; Indian Contemporary Art Seminar and Exhibition, Delphi and Athens in 1984; Indian Contemporary Art, Tokyo in 1988; National Exposition of Contemporary Art, NGMA, 1991. He lives and works in New Delhi.
Sight Size: 21 x 28 in.
Overall Framed Size: 26 x 33 in.
Framed behind glass.
– By registering to bid for this auction either in-house or online and/or placing a bid in this auction the BIDDER/BUYER agrees to all the terms and conditions of Helmuth Stone Gallery Auctions.
– All silver, gold and/or jewelry lots or invoices containing said lots MUST be paid for via WIRE TRANSFER, no other forms of payment will be accepted.
– All items are sold as-is where-is and no guarantees are made of any kind. All sales are final; no refunds will be given under any circumstances.
– Helmuth Stone Gallery provides condition reports as a courtesy to our clients and assumes no liability for any error or omission. Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client and is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Descriptions are our opinions and should in no way be construed as a guarantee of any kind as to age, condition, mater. The bidder assumes responsibility for ensuring that the condition of the item(s) meets with their satisfaction prior to bidding. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging.
– Online images can sometimes be low quality due to the uploading process, original high-resolution images can be requested via email at [email protected]
– We recommend looking into shipping quotes prior to bidding, shipping quotes can take up to a week or more post-sale as we host our auctions through multiple online platforms and shipping can become backlogged, if you would like a list of local shippers please email us directly.
– Our auction catalogs are hosted through multiple online platforms along with phone and in-house bidding. Bids placed on other platforms are not shown through this catalog. Because of this, even if it appears you are the only absentee bid or bidder on a lot, you may already be outbid or may have placed a bid equal to another bidder. Therefore, we always recommend bidding live.
– Unless otherwise stated in the description, all items are sold without additional documentation or COAs. If any supporting documentation is available an image will be available online via the catalog listing.